According to the municipal archive of the city council, the authorization to open was granted in November 1912, previously and since 1911, on the same site there was a space dedicated to summer theater. The building that is part of a consolidated block between the streets: altet de sant joan, sant josep, de la morereta and the plaza de santo domingo. The theater building consists of a ground floor, first floor and second floor where the amphitheater is located. Regarding the main facade to the Plaza de Santo Domingo, it should be noted that due to the reforms that the property has undergone, its symmetrical composition has been broken. its use and destination is to be the nucleus of a large part of the cultural activity of the population.